Sustainability of the company
Sustainability is not only important to us in relation to our products. Our entire team also tries to make our everyday office life as sustainable as possible and to take our social responsibility for people and the environment seriously.
Here are a few things that we implement in our Cologne office and our warehouses on Lake Constance:
- We consistently separate our office waste. Apart from a few shipping packages, we are also almost paper-free. We store our documents digitally on a server and most correspondence is done via e-mail.
- Not only do we all usually eat together, but we also bring along pre-cooked food from home. Sure, sometimes convenience wins - but even when ordering we try to use reusable packaging. Many restaurants in Cologne already offer this and we are enthusiastic supporters!
- We offer carbonated and non-carbonated water as well as a selection of soft drinks free of charge for employees (Yaay) in returnable glass bottles, the most sustainable packaging for drinks.
- We drink lots of coffee - surprise! - and therefore make sure to buy only fair trade coffee in organic quality. Unfortunately we have not yet found a more sustainable solution for the brown gold. Ideas are welcome to our coffee representative Denise at email@example.com!
- We are located very centrally in downtown Cologne - it's not worth driving here by car. Nevertheless, we are proud that almost all of our employees come to work by bicycle, longboard or public transport. We have even tried out some of the new e-scooters for the way to work.
- We plant trees when we don't know something! Instead of relying on Google, we all use the sustainable search engine Ecosia, which we have set as the start page in our browsers. Here, trees are planted with every search - well, if that isn't a reason for not knowing!